Job Title: Full-Time Furnace Operator
Location: Livonia, MI
Position Description Summary:
The Furnace Operator is responsible for the successful loading and unloading of parts. This will include the reading of lineups to determine the arrangements of various loads. The Furnace Operator also has an awareness of material in furnaces to determine sequence of loading. This individual will learn to operate a forklift/hi-lo to transport baskets and parts throughout the plant location.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
The duties listed below are the specific duties and tasks that someone in this position must accomplish.
- Operation of heat-treat equipment
- Read lineup to determine the arrangement of various loads
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions parts weighing up to 40 lbs. when loading and unloading parts from heat-treated baskets
- Typically operates a forklift/hi-lo to transport baskets
- Inspects parts to ensure quality compliance
- Creates shippers and certifications on completed orders
- Responsible for safety and general housekeeping in work area
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to demonstrate a High School level of reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Previous forklift/hi-lo experience is an asset but not required
- Ability to read/follow detailed work instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This job requires:
- Presence at the employer’s site during regularly scheduled shifts and business hours.
- Frequent walking within a plant environment.
- Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Regular standing, talking, hearing, climbing or balancing, and lifting or moving up to 40 pounds.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc. Safety equipment is provided.
- Regular stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
Candidates must successfully pass drug screening, a physical examination, and undergo reference/background checks prior to Offer of Employment. Position requires physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Employees typically work 12-hour shifts; either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am, on a scheduled rotation of 4 days worked one week (48 hours), and 3 days the next week (36 hours).