Withdrawal Agreement Driving Licence

He also hopes such a case could support a case that will be heard later this year before the European Court of Justice (ECJ), which seeks to restore EU civil rights for Britons facing the negative consequences of Brexit. If he wins the latter, Mr Fouchet believes that this could indeed mean that the UK licences of the persons concerned are again valid until their expiry and are exchangeable in the EU, as was the case before. The UK has maintained its pre-Brexit position by allowing EU citizens in the UK to exchange their licence for a UK licence or continue to use it if they are valid/until the driver reaches the age of 70. Also find out what to do if your driver`s license is lost or stolen while traveling abroad. The registration fee for the exchange of driving license is as follows: If you want to voluntarily exchange your driving license, you must reside in this country and meet the requirements to hold a driver`s license (for example, you have reached the minimum age, your state of health allows you to drive, etc.). If you intend to drive in Austria, you must exchange your UK driving licence for an Austrian driving licence within 6 months of your residence in Austria. You can exchange your valid UK license without taking a test. During the transition period, driving licences issued by the UK will be treated as driving licences issued by an EU Member State and holders of such a licence will be able to use it until its expiry date or until the end of the transition period, whichever comes first. MP Sir Roger Gale, who discussed the issue with the British Transport Secretaries, forwarded a response from Transport Secretary Grant Shapps to The Connexion, in which Mr Shapps said the (UK) government “is committed to concluding mutual agreements with the France that facilitate private driving with minimal bureaucracy” and “cooperates with the French government, to conclude long-term agreements”. He added that provisional rules have been agreed for the use of valid UK licences in France by the end of the year (or 12 months for newcomers).

– certificate of physical fitness of the driver/candidate for a driving licence issued by a family doctor or a central or regional committee of medical experts for transport; You can only exchange your license if it expires within 6 months. If you do not have a valid reason to request an exchange, your request will not be processed. Some EU countries may recognise licences issued in a number of third countries. If you have an EU driving licence issued in exchange for a non-EU driving licence and you want to move to another EU country, you should be aware that your new driving licence may not be recognised there. If you move to an EU country or to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you will not be able to renew your driving licence in the UK. The UK government is aware that this is causing difficulties for a number of British nationals residing in France whose licences have expired, he said, and that the government is working closely with the French to find a solution to this problem. You can continue to use your license until July 1, 2021. After that, you can exchange your UK license without taking a test. MEP calls on UK to resolve driving ban in France Q What documents do I need to present to exchange my UK driving licence and keep my existing courses? Mr Fouchet hopes that a deal will be reached before the end of the year, but in the meantime he is ready to take on a case for free if a Briton is interested (let us know news@connexionfrance.com and we will send emails). He believes that the likely result would be for the French court to refer a question to the CJEU.

You should check the rules of conduct and life in different European countries and follow all local laws. Updated guidelines for UK licence holders living in Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary and Slovakia. Driving license fee – BGN 25 (approx. €13) for normal service. You can exchange your license without having to take a test from February 1, 2021. A medical examination – physical and eye – is required. Monica lives in Cyprus and has an Italian driver`s license that has been damaged. To obtain a new license, she must exchange her Italian license for a Cypriot license. He receives a license from Cyprus which is valid for 15 years instead of 10 years as in Italy. You can exchange your licence without having to take a test before December 31, 2021 or within one year of your residence, whichever is longer.

British Ambassador Ed Llewellyn said: “I am delighted to be able to assure those with a valid BRITISH driving licence that they can continue to drive in France without taking a French driving test. I know this will be good news for so many people who depend on the ability to drive to work, attend doctor`s appointments and see friends and family. The problem arose from 1 January 2021, as the France does not normally allow the use of “third-country driving licences” for more than a year after arriving in France, and the France generally only exchanges driving licences issued by third countries with which it has concluded a specific agreement on the exchange of driving licences. This is not yet the case in the United Kingdom. If you live in Bulgaria and want to replace your Uk driving licence with a Bulgarian one, you must apply to the Bulgarian authorities for a replacement in accordance with the conditions of habitual residence in Bulgaria. If you hold a licence from Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, you may need to take a test. Before exchanging your driver`s license, the authorities will contact the authorities of your previous country of residence to check if your driver`s license has not been restricted, suspended or revoked. If you exchange an old-fashioned license, you will receive the new standard format (plastic photo card in credit card format, available since 2013). You can continue to use your license until October 31, 2021. You may need to take a test if you want to exchange your license.

If you have a driving licence from Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, you may need to take a driving test in Spain. Check the driving instructions for the country where you live. Temporary or temporary driving licences and international driving licences (or other certificates issued in your home country) are not regulated at EU level and may not be recognised in other EU countries. .